*Note that Dr. Santacruz's last name changed from Summerson in 2016.
- Santacruz, S.R., Wallis, J.D. and Carmena, J.M. Closed-loop microstimulation of prefrontal cortical targets induces neural and mood-state changes (in preparation).
- Neely, R.M., Santacruz, S.R., and Carmena J.M. Representation of task-relevant parameters by population activity in the dorsomedial striatum (in preparation).
- Massey, T.L., Santacruz, S.R., Hou, J.F., Pister, K.S.J., Carmena, J.M., and Maharbiz, M.M. (2018) A high-density carbon fiber neural recording array technology. J. Neural Eng., in press.
- Zhou, A.J.†, Santacruz, S.R.†, Johnson, B.C.†, Alexandrov, G., Moin, A., Burghardt, F.L., Rabaey, J.‡, Carmena, J.M‡, and Muller, R. ‡ (2018) WAND: A 128-channel, closed-loop, wireless artifact-free neuromodulation device. (accepted to Nature Biomedical Engineering)
- Neely, R.M., Piech, D., Santacruz, S.R., Maharbiz, M.M.† and Carmena, J.M.† (2018) Recent advances in Neural Dust: towards a neural interface platform. Current Opinion in Neurobiology 50, 64 – 71.
- Santacruz, S.R., Rich, E., Wallis, J.D., and Carmena, J.M. (2017) Caudate microstimulation increases value of specific choices. Current Biology 27(21), 3375 – 3383.
- Santacruz S.R., Athalye V.R., Neely R.M. and Carmena J.M. (2017) Brain-machine interface paradigms for neuroscience and clinical translation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Engineering, Frontiers of Engineering Symposium, East Hartford, CT, Sept. 25 – 27, 2017.
- Johnson, B.C., Gambini, S., Izyumin, I., Moin, A., Zhou, A., Alexandrov, G., Santacruz, S.R., Rabaey, J.M., Carmena, J.M., Muller, R., “An implantable 700 uW 64-channel neuromodulation IC for simultaneous recording and stimulation with rapid artifact recovery,” 2017 Symposia on VLSI Technology and Circuits, Kyoto, Japan, June 5 – 8, 2017.
- Summerson, S.R., Aazhang, B., and Kemere C. (2015) Reducing Parkinsonian Entropic Noise and Activity with Irregular Deep Brain Stimulation Patterns. Frontiers of Computational Neuroscience 9(78), 1 – 10.
- Vitale, F., Summerson, S.R., Aazhang, B., Kemere, C. and Pasquali, M. (2015) Neural Stimulation and Recording with Bidirectional, Soft Carbon Nanotube Fiber Microelectrodes. ACS Nano 9(4), 4465 – 4474.
- Summerson, S.R. and Kemere, C., “Multi-electrode Recording of Neural Activity in Awake Behaving Animals,” in Basic Electrophysiological Methods, Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 2015, Ch.4, pp. 76 - 107. (invited)
- Summerson, S.R., Aazhang, B. and Kemere, C.T. (2014) Characterizing Motor and Cognitive Effects Associated with Deep Brain Stimulation in the GPi of Hemi-Parkinsonian Rats. IEEE Trans. Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering 22, 1218 - 1227. (cover)
- Summerson, S.R., Grealish, C., Aazhang, B. and Kemere, C.T., “Randomized Stimulation Signal Design to Create Partial Informational Lesions in Parkinsonian Neuronal Networks,” 2014 IEEE Int’l Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Florence, Italy, May 4 - 9, 2014, pp 3626-3630.